November 23 (9:00 am) : On the first day we were preparing ourselves for a journey, A tour that will always remain as a precious memory in my life. A journey whose destination was Faisalabad. It was the first time in my life that I was travelling along with my university friends, as expected I was feeling pretty happy but I was also eagerly waiting as to what will the future have in store for me. Basically the main purpose of this journey was to compete in a business plan competition on behalf of the university.
November 23 (1:20am) :At that moment the university vans were waiting for us which were going to drop us off at the Daewoo bus station, from here we started our journey to faislabad. we did stop for refreshments in the middle, people even started taking photographs, I didn’t shy away and had a couple of photos taken as well but the best part was when the students lifted our faculty member for some mischiefs
We finally resumed our journey and started heading to our destination ,that moments remind me …i was listening the song ” Pehli Dafa from Barkhaa movie “, time passed and eventually we reached faislabad around 8:00pm . It was getting late and everyone were pretty tired after all the travelling. Everyone dashed towards the food to get rid of their hunger
The following day was the presentation and we weren’t prepared very well for it so naturally we decided to prepare for it through the night. Our facuty Member had booked separate hostels for boys and girls for us. The students went to their respective hostels after the presentation preparations, There were beds in our rooms and we didn’t even hesitate to take our selfies there too. But the best part of the night was when me and couple of my friends Dani, Mardan & Awais decided to move farrukhs bed whilst he was asleep. Eentually after having too much fun we decided to sleep and just like army cadets we were awake at 6:00 AM sharp.
My group consisted of Me, Mehmood, Mehreen, Nayyab & Iqra and the topic of our business plan was the PAK AQUAPONICS and our team leader was Mehreen, She helped us prepare for the entire presentation , this was my first experience working with her and it a good one. I learnt a lot
Our final presentation was on the 2nd day of the event. All of us were awake very early again as this was the final day and the results were to be announced at 5:00 PM. After all the struggles our turn finally arrived at 3:30, 4-5 Judges came to our stall and as always the presentation was started by the team leader. After all the formalities I won’t say they were impressed by our idea but they also didn’t dismiss it entirely. I guess they were moved by our presentation, Which it think was a great morale booster for us. We were satisfied by the presentation and after that we were just waiting for the final results.
The Faisalabad University concluded the event by inviting the different universities which were part of the business plan competition and announced the results. Each category had the top 3 positions but Alas we couldn’t make it to the top three.
After all the fun and a mind-blowing experience it was time to return home. Everyone were present at the divo stop and were exchanging pleasantries one last time. Only GOD knows better if I get another chance in this life to participate in the next edition of the competition but I only pray that GOD protects everyone forever., that moments remind me the best drive of my live.
Business Planning: What to Do First
1. Decide upon your target audience before anything else. The first step — before you do anything else — should be to clearly define who your target audience is. From this all the other decisions will fall into place in terms of format, content, prices, location etc. This structured approach will also help you to stay focused on achieving specific goals and not allowing the scope to become too broad or watered down.
2. Make a list of details — everything including lighting and public transportation, to content and refreshments. When you decide to have an event, everything matters. From program content and lighting to transportation and parking — everything counts. And your audience will attribute everything to you and…your brand. Making a list will ensure you don’t overlook things.
3. Have a clear business purpose for holding the event. Before you can begin planning a successful event, be clear on why you are doing it in the first place, because every decision after that should support your main goal. Is it lead generation? Is it to create awareness of your company or a particular product? Is is to develop customer loyalty? Or do you simply want to make money (which is okay too)? And make sure the team is aware of the purpose, so that you don’t have “scope creep.”
4. Watch out for other industry events when scheduling. Check the calendar. Make sure you don’t schedule your event on or too close to holidays or popular vacation times. It’s just as important to check for other events that your target attendees might be going to.
5. Be flexible with changes in size, location and other details. As you get into the event planning process, you may find that your event changes in size, location, and many other ways than you originally envisioned. This is natural and perfectly fine as long as you don’t lose sight of the reason you’re doing all this work in the first place. Some flexibility is necessary.
6. Know your limitations. We all know the goal is to throw a great live event. To that end, we also have to be aware of what we can or cannot realistically do — be it budget … or time-wise. If you decide to throw a live event in a week’s time, plan for a more intimate affair. If it’s a big event, prepare several months ahead. If the budget is small, you may have to counterbalance with creativity and a lot of do-it-yourself work.
7. Create SMART goals. Always start with strategy. Just like building any business, great events start with a strong, thoughtful and measurable strategy. Live events are an amazing way to share your brand, connect with your target market, get feedback on your product (and more!), but you need to know what you are trying to achieve. Stick with SMART goals and outline what you are aiming for. Then make sure that you proceed in line with reaching these goals.
HOW TO PREPARE YOURSELF
Working The Room
Working the room is exactly as it sounds. Work the crowd, whether individually or as groups, and produce results through finding good contacts and opportunities. You do this by spending your time interacting; talking with people, listening to people and answering any questions people may have about your industry or your business. Likewise, ask them questions about their business and their industry. Make the topic of conversation about them as this is smarter and more strategic to networking then talking about yourself the entire conversation.
Be Knowledgeable Of The Event
Before you attend an event, you need to make sure you know what kind of event it is and be knowledgeable of the theme. Here is a list of things you should figure out prior to attending:
– The Key Topic
– Who The Keynote Speakers Are (if any)
– What They Will Discuss
– The Industries That Will Be Discussed
– The Crowd The Event Will Draw
By figuring out this information beforehand, you will know what to expect at the event and who will be there. This will help you assess what you will be able to gain and how you can potentially help other people who attend the event.
PRESENTERS / MEMBERS